mercoledì 10 ottobre 2007

Last week we had a very interesting lecture with Christian Tollestrup an associate professor PHD from Denmark. He taught us how from an idea you can arrive to a concept
Usually when I come up with a new idea I don’t follow a method. I think a lot, I research, I try to understand what users want, I try to visualize something that is not there yet, to imagine the future. This is our work.
He created an innovative method to do it. On the top of the pyramid there is the value mission, which means that you have to explain in words what you want to do. Under that there is the interaction vision, where you have to create a story to show the values you want to convey with the product. Then there is the concept and then the solution, which is the final object you will create. The interaction vision is the bridge between what you say you want and the transformation in a concept. Moreover it is very important to use metaphor. When you have a concept you need something to remind it. For example: I want to create “a bicycle fast as the wind”.
It was particularly exciting to try this process! I think we came out with very good ideas for a new bicycle for Simon!! :-)

Nessun commento: